These are the rules governing the
1. Contest runs beginning on Monday, August 27th and ends on Friday, November 9th, 2012. Prize awarded to be a two-year lease on a 2012 Toyota Camry automobile at an estimated value of $6,600 or $5,000 in cash from Maguire Dealership (Maguire is pre-paying this 24 month lease for winner, however, winner (lessee) will have some obligations, which will include but not be limited to credit approval, applicable taxes, license, and insurance. A sample lease and exhibit A containing full details to be provided).
2. No purchase is necessary to enter contest. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited. Rules will be aired on WNKI during this contest. Contestants may participate in the Contest a maximum of one (1) time during the entire length of the Contest. Any additional attempts by a contestant will automatically be void and any prize awarded to an ineligible contestant will be deemed null and void.
3. The Contest is open to all eligible U.S. residents of New York State and Pennsylvania, 18 or over with a valid photo state issued ID or drivers license. You must have a valid street address in the state of NY or PA (a P.O. Box address will not suffice). Employees of the Company and WNKI, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, and immediate families, and employees of all media or mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WNKI main studio are not eligible to enter or win the Contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents (including in-laws), brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse, including step-relatives. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
4. Anytime you call the WNKI studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast. By participating, winners grant permission for their picture, voice and telephone call to be recorded, rebroadcast and posted on Backyard Broadcasting station websites and promotional and sales materials for use by the Stations. Winner hereby grants Company a perpetual worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free sub-license (through multiple tiers), right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote their picture and voice, in all media now known or hereinafter created.
5. The odds of winning depend on the number of participants. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. Winner of the Contest will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Maguire Dealership Ithaca, NY, prior to claiming prize. The winner will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form.
6. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the Maguire Dealership Ithaca, NY between 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are the winner. Contestants must possess a valid NY or PA State issued photo I.D.(acceptable to the Maguire Dealership), bearing the picture of the contestant and social security card (to verify their social security number) that will be presented to the Maguire Dealership and accepted before the prize is awarded. Prize will be forfeited if not claimed as outlined above.
7. Grand Prize is not transferable. One Grand Prize will be awarded, the choice of a prepaid 2-year lease on a 2012 Toyota Camry or five (5) thousand dollars ($5,000). No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WNKI reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
8. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (607) 732-9465 or 1-800-962-0106. The person operating the telephone at the WNKI studio has the final decision as to who is the winning caller. Any difficulties with phone lines or busy signals that prevent entry or participation in the Contest are not the responsibility of WNKI. In the event of technical problems with the telephone system causing more than one caller to be on the line at the same time, the announcer will have the discretion in determining which caller to take. WNKI is not responsible for equipment failure of the telephone system (dropped cellular calls, etc) causing a contestant to lose the chance to participate. Callers agree to be broadcast on air on WNKI-FM.
9. How to Play:
a. Contestants must enter by going online to www.wink106.com and follow the Car Key’s or 5 G’s link. All contestants must completely fill out all entry information requested to participate. If online form is not completed in full, entry will be automatically disqualified from the Contest.
b. Starting Monday August 27th through Friday November 9th, listen to WNKI Monday through Friday between 8am and 8pm, Saturday 10am-6pm, and Sunday 12pm-7pm. The on air disc jockey will randomly announce a name and Zip Code each hour. The contestant announced on air will have ten (10) minutes and six (6) seconds to call the WNKI studio caller request/contest lines back to become a semi-finalist. This information/call will be recorded by WNKI. The eligible caller will give the disc jockey their name and answer a question to verify their eligibility. If the caller does not meet the eligibility requirements or does not wish to participate, then that caller will be disqualified. There may be only one (1) key winner per household and mailing address.
c. Semi-finalists must be present at Maguire Auto Dealership, 504 South Meadow Street, Ithaca, NY, on November 10th, 2012 to continue win, and must be checked in with Contest personnel by 12 Noon to remain eligible. The Grand Prize winner will be selected as follows: There will be approximately 300 semi-finalists. The odds of winning depend on the number of participants. Eligible semi-finalists are randomly selected, and will draw a key. If that key unlocks the door of the Toyota Camry, the semi-finalist will become a finalists. The finalists will once again be randomly chosen to draw a new key and will be asked to enter their key into the ignition of the Toyota Camry. The first finalist to start the car will be awarded the grand prize of a 2 year lease of a new 2012 Toyota Camry OR may select a substitute prize of a one-time five thousand dollar ($5,000) cash prize.
10. There is only one (1) Grand Prize winner. Semi-finalists must be present to win on the day of key turning and must be checked in by 12 Noon, Saturday November 10th, at the Maguire Auto Dealership located at 504 South Meadow Street, Ithaca, NY. Grand Prize winner may substitute the two-year lease on the 2012 Toyota Camry for a one time $5,000 cash prize.
11. Maguire is pre-paying this 24 month lease for a winner, however, winner (lessee) will have some obligations, which will include but not be limited to credit approval, applicable taxes, license, and insurance. Dealer prep fees, tags, and taxes may apply as well as standard buyout provisions at the end of the lease term. In order to select the 2-year lease prize, winner must pass “credit worthiness” with CFCU Community Credit Union or alternative financial institution and must possess a valid photo NY or PA Drivers License and Social Security Card. In the event of failing these checks, the one-time $5,000 prize may be awarded. Prize is non transferable. Winner must have a valid photo NY or PA I.D. and Social Security Card to claim the cash prize. A sample lease and exhibit A containing full details to be provided.
12. Limitation on Liability: By entering, all entrants release the Company and WNKI and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, officers, directors, agents, promotional partners and employees from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Contest and/or acceptance or use of the prize. The Company and WNKI are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries, including any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or errors of the U.S. Postal service. The Company and WNKI are not responsible for cheating or fraud by any entrants. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of operating as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Company and WNKI, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Company and WNKI reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, WNKI reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of WNKI management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. Contest Disputes: WNKI’s Management shall be the sole arbiters of the Contest and in the interpretation of Contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the Contest constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by WNKI. WNKI reserves the right to change, alter, or modify these Rules or to stop the Contest at any time with or without written notice.
15. WNKI reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way. WNKI reserves the right to refuse awarding any prize to a person who is determined to have violated a Rule as outlined above, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained a winner status using fraudulent means.
16. In the event the winner is subject to or is the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), WNKI delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as WNKI awarding the prize to the winner. WNKI shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. WNKI shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
17. A copy of these Rules is also available during business hours, 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), at the WNKI studios, 2205 College Ave. Elmira, NY.